The Gordon Sturtridge Football League
We have partnered with Area51 Sports to provide you the opportunity to buy Hoodies and T-shirts in the colour and sizes you want.
Click the image below to go to our store.
Important dates for the upcoming 2023 season:
PEEWEE Tackle – PLAYOFF RESULTS
GSL PEEWEE CHAMPIONSHIP Lions 14 – Argos 12
Minor Tackle – PLAYOFF RESULTS
GAME 1 – Schooners 16 vs Lions 20
GAME 2 – Argos 6 vs Stampeders 0 (3 OT)
Nov 26 1:00 – MACFARLANE INSURANCE BOWL – Stampeders 0 vs SCHOONERS 12
GSL MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP – Lions 28 vs Argos 12
TACKLE – Dec 2-3 11am-1pm – Please return your equipment on these two days to ensure you receive your deposit back
FLAG – please return your belts after the final game on Nov 26th.
GSL Banquet – Dec 10 at 5pm.
We’d like to thank the below sponsors:
Go to our Instagram page for pics.
THANKS FOR AN AMAZING SEASON!
See you in the fall – registration to open in the spring.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE for all programs.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Welcome to GSL
For more than 65 years the Gordon Sturtridge Football League, GSL, has been a cornerstone of North Shore community sports.
Since 1956 thousands of players spanning multiple generations have had the opportunity to learn and play football because of the legacy that is the GSL.
Our dedicated coaches and volunteers who run the league and association who come back year after year, even after their children have finished playing, are what exemplifies the spirit of the GSL.
We invite you and your family to join us for any of our open houses, practices, games, and any other events that we host and get a insight as to why our league continues to be an institution in our community.
Explore GSL’s history and see why it has been around since 1956! Enjoy the fascinating stories that are woven in the fabric that makes the GSL.
For updates and more photos, go to our instagram account.
The 3 rules of the GSL are:
- Have fun.
- Work hard.
- No whining.
The goals of GSL football are:
- Maximizing player enjoyment and skill development.
- Providing all players meaningful playing time and the opportunity for success.
- Introducing players to new positions and strategies that will lead to success on the full-field, 11/12-player version of tackle football – all players, all positions, all skills
- Introducing the three-point stance to all players.
- Introduction of special teams positions, fundamentals and strategies.
- Preparing athletes for the demands of scholastic sports by providing increased challenges to skill development and tactical aspects of the game in an age-appropriate manner.
- Encouraging a fast-paced game with more plays, greater activity and the promotion of fundamental skill development.
- Limiting roster sizes to provide as much focused, individualized coaching attention as possible during practices and games.
By having a balanced approach to developing players, we are also providing a pathway for young people to become good citizens and a strong sense of their community.
The GSL is also a leader when it comes to player safety by teaching new tackling techniques as well as amending practice strategies to better reflect the new methods developed by professional leagues and adopted by our governing bodies.
With the continued efforts of the volunteers and families that have created a culture of inclusiveness we can all build on the legacy of the GSL and the development of youth football on the North Shore.